WHAT IS Quake Champions Doom Edition?
“QC: Doom Edition” is a mod that brings the weapons from the latest Quake game, into Doom, with delicious pixelated flavor. More than just weapons, it also brings the “Champions” mechanic – different player classes, each one with unique status, speed, active and passive abilities
- All weapons from Quake Champions, with faithful firing times for best transferable experience
- Weapon upgrades that give each weapon a whole new role
- 30 champions to play, each with unique abilities
- Play Single Player, Cooperative, Survival
- Monster sets to mix and match: Doom, Doom 4, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 4
- Play Deathmatch, CTF, Domination (and more!)
- Compatible with GZDoom from 1.9.1 to 4.x (for single player + fancy effects)
- Compatible with Zandronum 3.0 (for SP and all types of multiplayer)
- Compatible with Delta Touch (for Quakin’ on the go!)
- Enhanced Deathmatch bots for both local and public use
- AeonQCDE: a dedicated version of AeonDM (33 maps, Cacoward) with custom spawn points for a better Quake-like experience
- QCDEmaps: a set of 34 QCDE-specific maps, including both original and demakes from QC, Q1, Q3, Q4, QL and Doom 4
- Optional soundtrack by Michael Markie with original songs and covers of well-known favorites
- Damage numbers, speedometer, in-game champion info screens, and tons of customization with very sane defaults
- Lootboxes! For free!
- And more!
Where can I get QC: Doom Edition?
Use this link and download either the standalone all in one package of the mod only package.
This download contains all files you need to play QCDE “out of the box” for Deathmatch games. However, we still recommend to acquire the original Doom or Doom2 to play single player properly.
This package contains the following:
- Zandronum 3.0 : Game engine
- Doomseeker 1.1-170607-0236 : Server browser
- Freedoom 0.11.3 : Free, non copyright-infringing version of Doom1 and Doom2
- QCDE v2.6.1 : Main “Quake Champions Doom Edition” package
- AeonQCDE : Deathmatch mapset for QCDE, modified maps from aeondm (original mapset)
- QCDEmaps 2.6.1 : Deathmatch mapset custom made for QCDE with some known quake maps
- QCDEmus 2.5 : Original soundtrack of QCDE
- HD portraits : High definition, hand drawn champion portraits
- QCDE voxels 2.2 : Replaces pickup sprites for voxels in-game
- George Exley Announcer : QCDE’s official announcer voice
To play online just launch “QCDE PlayOnline.bat” and filter by QC at the top to find QCDE servers
To play single player , it’s HEAVILY recommended you first copy you doom.wad/doom2.wad into the QCDE folder (otherwise you’ll get some graphical issues) and then launch any of the other bat files.
Where to get all mentioned above
Zandronum + Doomseeker